YOU WILL NEED
• one 15cm wick
• one wick holder
• one tin can
• 750g soy wax flakes
• essential oils (optional)
1. Insert the wick into a wick holder and place in the centre of the bottom of an old, clean tin can (make sure it’s one without serrated edges).
2. In a pan over medium heat, melt the wax flakes and mix thoroughly, adding a few drops of essential oil if you wish. Heat to 90°C.
3. Anchor the wick in the bottom of the tin by pouring in enough wax to cover a few centimetres of the wick. Allow the wax to cool for about 30 minutes.
4. Wrap the end of the wick around a stick or pencil and rest the stick on the top of the tin, taking up any slack in the wick as you do so.
5. Reheat the wax to 90°C and fill the tin to within 2cm of the top. Cool overnight. Trim the wick to a centimetre. Your candle is ready to light.
Alternatively, reuse jam jars or pretty tea cups as candle holders.
Choose a subscription offer to suit you and benefit from generous savings on the shop price, free UK delivery and discounts off special editions and back issues.