- A bunch of stinging nettles, fresh from the countryside
- pinch of salt
1. Careful not to sting yourself, remove a cup-full of young nettle tops from the plant.
2. Heat a frying pan with one tablespoon of butter. When the fat begins to bubble, throw the nettles into the pan and add a pinch of salt.
3. Cook for two or three minutes, turning frequently until the leaves start to turn golden and crispy.
4. Place the nettles onto a paper towel to cool and dry.
6. Light, crispy and delicious, eat as a snack or serve with a main meal. Especially good on top of a spring or summer salad.
Learn more about nettles here.
Subscribe to BBC Countryfile Magazine today and you can enjoy generous savings from the shop price plus, free UK delivery and discounts off special editions and back issues.