The top 10 most popular images will be used in an online gallery, on our social media channels and even in our weekly newsletter.
The overall winning image will be chosen by the BBC Countryfile Magazine team and will feature as the main image of the online photo contest gallery after the contest has closed.
How to upload your photo
1. Find your favourite autumn colours photograph and check that your image is no larger than 1,200 x 800 jpg. You may need to resize your photo as we regret that larger images will not be accepted.
2. Click choose file and upload your photo
3. Tick the 'I am not a robot' box
4. Click 'Upload your photo' - you should then see this message 'Image uploaded successfully! Please fill out the rest of the form to complete your entry.'
5. Add a caption for your photo and your name and email address. Please confirm you have read our terms and conditions and click 'Enter competition'
Please do only submit images of autumn colours that are appropriate to this month's theme. Please note that very large image files will not be accepted, so where possible please resize and upload a smaller jpg file. The best size is 1,200 by 800 jpg.
The BBC Countryfile Magazine team's choice is final and correspondence will not be entered into.
- The final date for submissions is 23.59pm BST on 18 November 2016.
- The final date for voting is 25 November 2016.
Don't forget to encourage your friends and family to vote! All votes submitted by the final deadline will be counted.
Please note: we manually approve all photographs and while we do our best to do so quickly there may be a slight delay if you upload an image outside of office hours. Thanks for your patience.
Main image: Getty
Countryfile.com image competition terms and conditions
- 1. The Promoter
- 1.1 The Promoter is Immediate Media Company Bristol Limited (“the Promoter”).
- 1.2 The BBC Code of Conduct for competitions can be found at www.bbc.co.uk/competitioncode and all BBC magazines comply with the Code.
- 2. The Competition
- 2.1 The competition is open to all residents of the UK, including the Channel Islands aged 18 years or older, save as the employees of the Promoter, their families, agencies or anyone else associated with the competition.
- 2.2 You may vote for more than one image, but there is a limit of one vote per image. The last date to vote is 23:59:59 on 25-11-2016.
- 3. How to enter
- 3.1 The last date for entries is 23:59:59 on 18-11-2016. Entries received after the Competition Closing Date will be rejected.
- 3.2 To enter the competition, please submit an image of your best autumn colour photo in Britain before the Competition Closing Date. You may submit more than one image.
- 3.3 The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for lost, delayed or fraudulent entries.
- 4. Winner announcement and claiming the prize
- 4.1 The top 10 images with the most votes will be shortlisted. Only one photo from any entrant is eligible to make the shortlist. If more than one image from the same entrant receives enough votes to make the top 10, the image with the most votes will be chosen to form part of the shortlist.
- 4.2 From the shortlist, the BBC Countryfile Magazine editorial team, including an independent judge, will select the winner. Shortlisted entries will be marked against the theme of the competition.
- 4.3 The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- 5. Data protection and publicity
- 5.2 If you are the winner of the competition, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- 5.3 By entering the competition, you confirm that you are the copyright holder in any image submitted, or have permission from the copyright holder. Should your entry win, you will retain the copyright but you grant to the Promoter a free, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide licence to use or reproduce all images submitted for the competition. You will always receive a credit if we use your winning entry in any way.
- 6. General
- 6.1 The Promoter reserves the rights to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- 6.2 The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of the same or greater value. There is no cash alternative and the prize will not be transferable.
- 6.3 The competition prizes are subject to availability.
- 6.4 The promotion is subject to the laws of England.
- 6.5 The Promoter excludes liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage or injury occurring to the participant arising from his or her entry into the promotion or occurring to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of a prize.
- 6.6 By entering the competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Subscribe to BBC Countryfile Magazine today and you can enjoy generous savings from the shop price plus, free UK delivery and discounts off special editions and back issues.