Congratulations to Peter Murray who wins this month's competition with his photo 'Waxwing with frosty berries in Glasgow'! He wins a Brooklyn Bird Table, Peanut Cake Squares, a Wolga Peanut Cake Feeder, a Basel Nest Box and 10kg Hi-Energy No Mess from CJ Wildlife.
On taking the winning shot, Peter Murray said: "It was taken on a beautiful frosty day in late autumn in the Glasgow Botanical Gardens Arboretum. It took me a while to get the shot but perseverance and dedication was rewarded before I lost all the feeling in my hands and feet."
CJ Wildlife have over 25 years experience in researching and developing products to help you attract, care for and enjoy the wide variety of wildlife in your garden. We offer premium products, multi-buy saving, next day delivery and free delivery on orders over £25. CJs have been instrumental in the growth of the bird food market. Thanks to extensive research and a food development programme by our ornithologists the range of wild bird food available has significantly increased over the years. Over 80 common species of wild birds are now being fed in gardens compared to just 18 when we started our research in 1987.
The Brooklyn bird table has two feeding trays offset on two levels allowing even more birds to feed at the same time and the Wolga Wooden Peanut Cake Feeder enables you to feed CJ Wildlife Peanut Cake Squares. The Basel Nest Box is stylish and sturdy and ideal for Blue Tits and Great Tits. Our best-selling bird food, Hi-Energy No Mess, was the first specialist bird food mix in the UK and allows birds to feed without wasting energy on de-husking seeds as well as minimising waste and preventing growth.
For more information on products and advice please visit www.birdfood.co.uk or call Freephone 0800 731 2820
How to upload your photo
1. Find your favourite autumn colours photograph and check that your image is no larger than 1,200 x 800 jpg. You may need to resize your photo as we regret that larger images will not be accepted.
2. Click choose file and upload your photo
3. Tick the 'I am not a robot' box
4. Click 'Upload your photo' - you should then see this message 'Image uploaded successfully! Please fill out the rest of the form to complete your entry.'
5. Add a caption for your photo and your name and email address. Please confirm you have read our terms and conditions and click 'Enter competition'
Countryfile.com image competition terms and conditions
- 1. The Promoter
- 1.1 The Promoter is Immediate Media Company Bristol Limited (“the Promoter”).
- 1.2 The BBC Code of Conduct for competitions can be found at www.bbc.co.uk/competitioncode and all BBC magazines comply with the Code.
- 2. The Competition
- 2.1 The competition is open to all residents of the UK, including the Channel Islands aged 18 years or older, save as the employees of the Promoter, their families, agencies or anyone else associated with the competition.
- 2.2 You may vote for more than one image, but there is a limit of one vote per image. The last date to vote is 23:59:59 on 06/01/2017.
- 3. How to enter
- 3.1 The last date for entries is 23:59:59 on 20/12/2016. Entries received after the Competition Closing Date will be rejected.
- 3.2 To enter the competition, please submit an image of a winter bird in Britain before the Competition Closing Date. You may submit more than one image.
- 3.3 The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for lost, delayed or fraudulent entries.
- 4. Winner announcement and claiming the prize
- 4.1 The top 10 images with the most votes will be shortlisted. Only one photo from any entrant is eligible to make the shortlist. If more than one image from the same entrant receives enough votes to make the top 10, the image with the most votes will be chosen to form part of the shortlist.
- 4.2 From the shortlist, the Countryfile Magazine editorial team, including an independent judge, will select the winner. Shortlisted entries will be marked against the theme of the competition.
- 4.3 The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- 4.4 The Promoter will notify the winner by phone or email by 27/01/2017.
- 4.5 If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available within 15 working days of the Closing Date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to a runner-up.
- 4.6 The name and county of residence of the winner will be available by sending an SAE to Winners List Request, Countryfile Magazine, PO Box 501, Leicester LE94 0AA within two months of the closing date of the promotion.
- 5. Data protection and publicity
- 5.2 If you are the winner of the competition, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- 5.3 By entering the competition, you confirm that you are the copyright holder in any image submitted, or have permission from the copyright holder. Should your entry win, you will retain the copyright but you grant to the Promoter a free, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide licence to use or reproduce all images submitted for the competition. You will always receive a credit if we use your winning entry in any way.
- 6. General
- 6.1 The Promoter reserves the rights to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- 6.2 The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of the same or greater value. There is no cash alternative and the prize will not be transferable.
- 6.3 The competition prizes are subject to availability.
- 6.4 The promotion is subject to the laws of England.
- 6.5 The Promoter excludes liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage or injury occurring to the participant arising from his or her entry into the promotion or occurring to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of a prize.
- 6.6 By entering the competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Subscribe to BBC Countryfile Magazine today and you can enjoy generous savings from the shop price plus, free UK delivery and discounts off special editions and back issues.